Wednesday 16 February 2011

So Where Are We Now?

I truly doubt my sanity sometimes.

Since Boy Wonder broke up with H last summer, the gossip about him has not stopped

First about the circumstances of the break-up and the girl he got caught with (I'm going to call her Strumpet - she should definitely know better as she's in a relationship herself).  Then there were his numerous flirtations with strangers.  And his is-he-isn't-he with another friend (that's easy - I shall call her Welshy), culminating in his self-confessed "holiday romance" with her over Christmas. 

All our friends are coupled up and settled down, and there has not been scandal like this for years.  So every conversation revolves around his antics.

So what's my part in this?  None.  Nothing what-so-ever.  For you see, I am The One Nobody Knows About.  And God knows I am more than happy to keep it that way. 

But why-oh-why would I let myself be treated like this?  Just one of a string of girls?  Where on earth has my self-respect gone?????  Actually, I'm not sure I had any.

I must, must, must grow a spine and get myself out of this situation.  Before my remaining iota of self-esteem is trampled into the ground.  Or worse still, before H finds out what a truly appallingly awful friend I have been.

I didn't think I had it in me to behave this badly.  Apparently, something in me is a little bit rotten.  Or just missing altogether.

Yours always,

A Love Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment